Kidnapped photographer attached to the Ebonyi State Government House, Abakaliki, Mr Uchenna Nwube on Saturday regained his freedom after three days in his abductor’s den.
The kidnappers operating along Okigwe/Uturu/Aba axis in Abia State, had on Wednesday night, abducted Mr Nwube, alongside his friend’s mother-in-law.
It was gathered that the photographer was travelling in his car when the hoodlums shoot at his tyres while returning from Aba.
Moreso, it was further learnt that the victim made a distress call to his colleague as instructed by the hoodlums.
It was also learnt that the kidnappers made a demand of N50m as ransom.
However, a friend of the victim, who pleaded anonymity, told our correspondent, that Mr Nwube was released in the early hours of Saturday after paying N300,000 as ransom.
The source said Nwube was released alongside his friend’s mother-in-law, on Saturday.
“Yes. Mr Nwube has been released. We thank God. The kidnappers collected N300,000.00 for his release. He was released very early this (Saturday) morning.
“Right now, he is at the Awgu Police Station, in the Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu State. Let’s give God thanks,” the source said.
The police in Agwu told journalists that any attempt to have rescued the victim would have led to higher casualties.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria