The Council headquarters of Ezza North local government area of Ebonyi State has been set ablaze by rampaging hoodlums.
The attacks and setting ablaze of Ezza North LGA came barely a month of swearing in of a new council chairman in the state
Recall that the new chairman Mr. Ogodo Ali Nomeh took over from Nora Alo, the former chairman.
It was gathered that the hoodlums broke into some of the offices, where important documents were kept and carted them away and set some of them ablaze.
The new chairman of the council, Mr. Ogodo, confirmed the attack.
He said the hoodlums engaged the security operatives manning the council in a gun battle, and that some of the hoodlums sustained gunshot injuries.
He said the hoodlums are yet to be apprehended at the time of filing this report.
According to him: “we have not arrested anybody now. You know the thing happened in the night and before we came out this morning, they already escaped.
“There were so much gunshots. And I think that so many of them were injured. So, we are moving from one hospital to another to check for people that sustained gunshot injuries.
“We are not suspecting anybody for now, until we apprehend the suspects. You know the thing happened around 2;00am in the morning.
“We are talking with security operatives that had an encounter with the hoodlums” he stressed.
- Just In: Ogunkanmi Withdraws From OSPOLY Alumni Presidential Race, States Reasons
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO