A Civil Society group, Law and Order Alliance (LOA) has called on the Inspector General of Police to ignore the blackmail and falsehood peddling against CSP Omoyele Adekunle , declaring that the vilified officer is wrongly accused because of his records as a crime burster.
LOA in a statement signed its Secretary General, Mr Amos Adeolu, said all the allegations levelled against CSP Adekunle are false and it’s handwork of the people who feel jittery about his laudable achievements as a crime burster.
“For cleaning up Osun of evil gangs and cultist groups, neither Omoyele nor his squad should be painted with dark brush by blackmailers who are sponsored to lie to the media in Abuja”, the Alliance in a statement issued in Abuja by its Secretary General, Amos Adeolu affirmed.
“We make bold to say that those attacking Omoyele about alleged killings at Ede failed to narrate the full story because of their evil intention to destroy a gallant officer. Omoyele is not the cause of Ede crisis. Ede had become a den of deadly cultists and thugs to the extent that the Courts were transferred to Osogbo due to the level of peculiar insecurity in the town.
“On the 6th August, 2022, a gang of thugs, based in Atapa area of Ede, headed by fully armed Kuranga gang beat up a state lawmaker, Kofoworola Babajide.
“The information attracted the attention of CP Surveillance who were battling series of cultist bloodshed in the state. On approaching the Atapa area, the fearless armed thugs responded with massive firepower, shooting sporadically at the men of the surveillance team and even attempting to disarm the police.
It was at that level of confrontation that the officers whose lives were in danger decided to shoot which led to the death of the leader of the thug who commanded his followers to shoot and kill the Police officers who only came to arrest. As at the time it happened, CSP Omoyele was not at the scene but officers under his squad were the one who confronted the deadly thugs”, the Alliance narrated, asking ” What crime has Omoyele committed here.
“As a society committed to defending the rights of serving security officers, we submit as follows in response to the deceitful petition by those blackmailers as follows:
1. Omoyele was not responsible for alleged killings at Ede or any other place in the state. He is rather an officer whose squad had successfully dislodged deadly terror kingpins financed by some evil politicians;
2. The Commissioner of Police has not in anyway encouraged any illegal act. He should be commended for creating a team that has ridden Ede and other parts of the state of deadly cultists and thugs;
3. Omoyele was never indicted by any panel as insinuated. Many officers drafted to contain the EndSars riot were killed while those who survived were harassed and accused of many ills without being granted fair hearing. Omoyele was part of a police force that worked hard to secure public properties and lives during that national crisis.
4. Omoyele has no record of extra judicial killings as alleged. The Ede case has been explained and clarified.
5. The three men who addressed the media on Tuesday are known agents of a politician who is bitter because he failed to deliver Osun state after he had milked the defeated State Governor to dryness;
6. Officers who are crime busters should not be maligned and painted black because they rid the society of deadly thugs and cultists. At this time of national security emergence, we need to reward rather than taint them due to some slavish political considerations.
7. We inform the IGP that dangerous cultists and thugs are multiplying in Osun under the patronage of some powerful politicians and unless sustained anti-terror campaign is entrenched and unless gallant officers like Omoyele are protected, Osun may soon became ungovernable.
In conclusion, we call on the Inspector General of Police to ignore the rantings of those blackmailers and proceed with whatever due decisions the police authorities are working on. CSP Omoyele is a valuable asset to the police service and if he can further serve in new capacities, we have no hesitation to recommend him for such new position.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Police Launch Manhunt For Woman Who Stole 8-Day-Old Twin Baby From Hospital
- Osun Guber: We’re In Court To Deepen Our Democratic Values- Oyetola’s Aide
- NIGERIA@62: Cast Votes In Defence Of Good Governance In 2023, Makinde Tasks Nigerians
- Black Sunday: 7 People, Child, Die As Commercial Bus Catches Fire in Lagos
- Stop Expensive Burials, Help Those Alive – Fr. Gopep To Christian
Crime3 days ago
Police Arrest Late MKO Abiola’s Ex-Wife For Assaulting Policewoman
News3 days ago
Calabar Lawyer In Coma Days After Wife Died In Car Clash While Chasing Him and Sidechic
Health2 days ago
Details Of Female Lawyer Who Died Chasing Her Husband’s Side Chick Emerged As Side Chick Deactivates Social Media Accouts
Crime3 days ago
Police Arraign 2 Over Alleged Vandalization Of Transformer In Osun