Bandits have attacked Iburu village under Kufana district of Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna State, killing four villagers and abducted 15 others, Daily Trust Saturday reports.
A community leader of Kufana, Daniel Garba, who confirmed the incident to our correspondent Friday, said the attack happened on the night of July 4.
“The bandits stormed the community at night and killed three people while the fourth person was killed on his way to offer assistance. So far, they (bandits) kidnapped 15 of our people,” he said.
He decried the incessant attacks being carried out by bandits around the area, but commended the efforts of the government and security agencies operating in the local government area towards tackling insecurity in the area.
He said government and security agencies needed to do more to end the killing of innocent villagers in the area and other parts of the state.
He said the bandits were yet to contact the families of the people they abducted.
When contacted, the police public relations officer in the state, DSP Mohammed Jalige, said the command had not received the report. He, however, promised to find out the details.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun Police Arraign 35-Year- Old Woman Over Alleged Breach Of Public Peace
- 2023: Hoodlums Destroy House of Reps Candidate Billboard In Ibadan
- Just In :Appeal Court Panel Urges FG, ASUU To Settle Out Of Court
- 2023: Makinde Opens Two-Day Training For Candidates …Says We’ve Shifted Paradigms In Governance, Politics …Set To Flag-Off Iddo-Eruwa Road
- Media Aid Fired For Supporting Peter Obi