Fourteenth passengers have been confirmed burnt to death by the Federal Road Safety Corps along the Gaya-Wudil road in Kano State following an accident involving a Toyota Hummer bus and a Hyundai jeep.
Zubairu Mato, the Kano FRSC Sector Commander, Zubairu Mato, disclosed this to newsmen on Tuesday.
He said the accident occurred at 7:45pm and that road safety officials promptly arrived at the scene at Rege Village by Antukuwani, on Kano-Gaya road to help victims.
At about 7:30pm on Sunday night there was a collision between a bus with registration number, GML 102 TA belonging to Kano Line was coming from Gombe State and a jeep.
“Thirteen passengers were burnt to death on the spot with 6 others injured in the accident.”
”One of the female passengers died on Monday morning at Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital intensive care unit”.
Zubairu Mato said the accident was caused by overspeeding and dangerous overtaking.
The FRSC Sector Commander enjoined drivers and travellers to always ensure the use of speed limit devices and avoid dangerous overtaking while driving on highways. Daily Post.
- JUST IN: Buhari Off To Guinea-Bissau
- “What Happened To Kunle Remi?” – Fans React As Popular Actress Bimbo Ademoye Reportedly Engaged To VJ Adams
- BREAKING: Spain-Born Hakimi Sends Morocco To World Cup Quarter-Finals
- 2023: ‘Vote APC Or We Deal With You’ –Powerful Lawmaker Threatens Constituents
- Court Remands Suspected Cultist For Attempting To Kill Policemen In Osun
Entertainment4 days ago
19 Youths To Receive Award At 7th Osun Youth Ambassador Award On Sunday
News3 days ago
How Wall Gecko Allegedly Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun
News4 days ago
Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola As APC Candidates In July 16 Guber Polls
News5 days ago
Police Arrest Four Secondary School Students Over Classroom Romance