Eight teenagers at Aroro Makinde in Akinyele local Government area of Oyo state have lost their lives during a swimming adventure.
Wailing and weeping followed in many houses in the village, as an aftermath to the shocking incident.
Parents who did not see their children, rushed to Aroro stream where the teenagers packed their clothes and jumped into the stream for the exercise.
The unfortunate teenagers were drowned in the exercise.
Three of the boys were saved while the dead ones were brought out of the river.
Relations of the teenagers disclosed that though the youths in the village have been swimming in this way in the past, such a tragedy had never happened, insinuating that a god was angry.
There was a disagreement between one of the parents and the traditional worshippers who claimed that the dead children should be buried at the bank of the river.
The conflict was being addressed when our reporter left the village.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Police Arrest Friends As 21- Year-Old Man Dies At Birthday Party
- 2023 Poll- There Won’t Be Inconclusive Election Result- INEC Tells Nigerians
- Nigeria Needs Tinubu’s Experience To Take The Country To Greatness-Group
- Reactions As Newly Wedded Couple Storm Obi’s Movement Rally In Abuja
- Just In: I’m Ready To Give You ‘Multitude’ Of War, Bandit kingpin Bello Turji Blows Hot Over Military Raid
Crime5 days ago
Court Jails Man For Stealing Pumping Machine In Osun
Crime3 days ago
Police Arrest Late MKO Abiola’s Ex-Wife For Assaulting Policewoman
News3 days ago
Calabar Lawyer In Coma Days After Wife Died In Car Clash While Chasing Him and Sidechic
News5 days ago
Gov Oyetola’s Aide, Aremo Reprimands Davido For Calling His Principal ‘Bad Human Being’