Trailer drivers on Friday afternoon blocked the popular Abuja – Lokoja highway in protest against the closure of Obajana Cement Plant by the Kogi State Government.
The blockage at Koton-Karfe has brought about long queues of vehicles that paralysed social and economic activities in the area.
It has also obstructed vehicular movement on the busy Federal highway.
The protesters insisted that they were not going to suspend their protest until the Kogi State government reopens the cement plant that has been closed down for about three days.
Some motorists plying the roads have now appealed to the Obajana Cement Company to urgently resolve its problem with the Kogi State government to ameliorate their suffering. Daily Post Report
- Okowa, Wike, Ortom Challenge Buhari To Name Governors Stealing LG Funds
- “Baba Don Receive Salary” – Reactions As Nigerian Lecturer Causes Commotion In Class As He Dances To Kizz Daniel Music
- 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Raping 13-Yr-Old Girl In Zamfara
- Iree Ruling Houses Condemn Attack On Palace
- Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola As APC Candidates In July 16 Guber Polls
Education5 days ago
HND Holders To Be Employed As Assistant Lecturers In Polytechnics, Monotechnics – NBTE
News2 days ago
Igbajo Royal Families Hail Gov. Adeleke’s Suspension Of Famodun As Owa Of Igbajo
News4 days ago
Olona Of Ada, Oba Oyetunde Installs Obafemi Okediya As Otunba Atobase Of Ada
News5 days ago
JUST IN : Adeleke Shuts Akinrun, Aree, Owa Palaces Orders Security To Take Charge