The Ondo State Police Command has arrested a 54year-old father, Mr Ojo Joseph for setting ablaze five of his step children at Fagun crescent area of Ondo town in Ondo State.
CityMirrorNews reports that the man alleged that his wife who is the mother of the children offended him over a little misunderstanding.
It was further learnt that the father who was said to have poured patrol into the room of the children while asleep and set the kids on fire and one of them was burnt to death.
Four other victims are currently receiving treatment at Federal Medical Centre, Owo while their mother and 18month-old twins escaped from inferno with minor injury.
Confirming the incident, the State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mrs Funmi Odunlami said the man had apprehended by the police for a case of alleged arson and murder.
The PPRO said further investigation would be carried out before charging the suspect to court.
- Okowa, Wike, Ortom Challenge Buhari To Name Governors Stealing LG Funds
- “Baba Don Receive Salary” – Reactions As Nigerian Lecturer Causes Commotion In Class As He Dances To Kizz Daniel Music
- 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Raping 13-Yr-Old Girl In Zamfara
- Iree Ruling Houses Condemn Attack On Palace
- Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola As APC Candidates In July 16 Guber Polls
Education5 days ago
HND Holders To Be Employed As Assistant Lecturers In Polytechnics, Monotechnics – NBTE
News2 days ago
Igbajo Royal Families Hail Gov. Adeleke’s Suspension Of Famodun As Owa Of Igbajo
News4 days ago
Olona Of Ada, Oba Oyetunde Installs Obafemi Okediya As Otunba Atobase Of Ada
News5 days ago
JUST IN : Adeleke Shuts Akinrun, Aree, Owa Palaces Orders Security To Take Charge