The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Oyo South Senatorial District, Olugbade Ojelabi is dead, aged 59.
He died in the early hours of Monday.
The Speaker, Oyo State House of Assembly, Adebo Ogundoyin, who confirmed the death in a statement, said the news of the death is devastating and a great loss to Eruwa town.
“This is distressing and shocking to me personally. It is a great loss to Eruwa town, Ibarapaland and our party in Oyo State.
“I am short of words as everything seems like a dream. He was at a stakeholders meeting we held yesterday (Sunday) in Eruwa and did not show any signs of fatigue or ailment. He was active and his contributions to the meeting as usual were constructive and acutely insightful. His death is no doubt devastating.
“I lost a kinsman as we both hail from Ward 2 in Anko, Eruwa. He was a father figure to me, a political leader and tutor and a motivator whose political experience cannot be underestimated. This is sad. Death dealt his deadly blow on us at this auspicious time when the political experience and astuteness of Hon Olugbade Ojelabi was most needed.”
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
Foreign News4 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies