At least 120 people have been hospitalised after suspected toxic chemicals from an expired industrial gas cylinder contaminated the air and spread to the neighborhood of Mundadu, a surburb of Kano.
Locals said the incident occurred Friday evening where one Saifullahi gathered scrap metals and crushed for recycling.
The glint of political knives
The ward head of the area, Magaji Abdullahi, while speaking on the incident said, “I was informed this evening that there was problem where Saifullahi Muhammad does his scrap metal collection business.”
Confirming the incident, the public relations officer, Kano State Fire Service, Saminu Abdullahi, confirmed the incident, saying many victims were conveyed to hospitals for medical attention.
“About 70 of them were taken to Jaen Primary Healthcare, while 50 were taken to the Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital for treatment,” he said, adding that so far, no life has been lost in the incident.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Police Arrest Friends As 21- Year-Old Man Dies At Birthday Party
- 2023 Poll- There Won’t Be Inconclusive Election Result- INEC Tells Nigerians
- Nigeria Needs Tinubu’s Experience To Take The Country To Greatness-Group
- Reactions As Newly Wedded Couple Storm Obi’s Movement Rally In Abuja
- Just In: I’m Ready To Give You ‘Multitude’ Of War, Bandit kingpin Bello Turji Blows Hot Over Military Raid
Crime5 days ago
Court Jails Man For Stealing Pumping Machine In Osun
Crime3 days ago
Police Arrest Late MKO Abiola’s Ex-Wife For Assaulting Policewoman
News3 days ago
Calabar Lawyer In Coma Days After Wife Died In Car Clash While Chasing Him and Sidechic
News5 days ago
Gov Oyetola’s Aide, Aremo Reprimands Davido For Calling His Principal ‘Bad Human Being’