United Nation’s Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has charged to Federal Government to ensure rescue of 21 children abducted at a farm in Mairuwa community, Faskari Local Government Area of Katsina State.
UNICEF Representative in Nigeria, Ms. Cristian Munduate in a press statement expressed concerned on the safety of children in Nigeria.
According to the statement, “Confirmed reports indicate the 21 children – 17 girls and 4 boys – aged between 15 and 18, were abducted last Sunday at about 12:30 p.m. by “bandits.”
“Abduction of children whether at home, at school, on the farm, or anywhere else, is reprehensible. Children should never be the target of violence, especially by anyone who should be protecting them.”
“We call on the authorities to take necessary action to rescue the abducted children and reunite them with their families unhurt, and without delay.”
“UNICEF also calls on the authorities to rescue other persons reported to have been kidnapped on the farm at the same time the children were abducted.”
“This tragic incident is yet an indication of the danger children face by acts perpetrated by people who should protect them.”
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack