The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), has said no life was lost in the sudden fire outbreak at its headquarters in Abuja, on Friday.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Director of Press Relations, Mr Eddy Megwa, on Friday.
He said that the fire was immediately put out by the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and Federal Fire Service Departments.
According to him, the fire incident which started about 7:30am, was limited to the third floor of the six-storey building edifice.
Megwa also said that the floor is occupied by Planning, Research and Statistics and the General Service Department with the fire affecting only a particular room with electronic gadgets.
”Fortunately enough, no life was lost and all vital documents were promptly evacuated and safeguarded.
”The management of the scheme heartily appreciates the Federal and FCT Fire Service Departments for their prompt response which minimised the effect of the incident.
”Management also appreciates all security agencies for the invaluable roles they played during the unfortunate incident’,” he added. (NAN) (www.nannews.ng)
- JUST IN: Buhari Off To Guinea-Bissau
- “What Happened To Kunle Remi?” – Fans React As Popular Actress Bimbo Ademoye Reportedly Engaged To VJ Adams
- BREAKING: Spain-Born Hakimi Sends Morocco To World Cup Quarter-Finals
- 2023: ‘Vote APC Or We Deal With You’ –Powerful Lawmaker Threatens Constituents
- Court Remands Suspected Cultist For Attempting To Kill Policemen In Osun
Entertainment4 days ago
19 Youths To Receive Award At 7th Osun Youth Ambassador Award On Sunday
News3 days ago
How Wall Gecko Allegedly Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun
News4 days ago
Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola As APC Candidates In July 16 Guber Polls
News5 days ago
Police Arrest Four Secondary School Students Over Classroom Romance