The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Abdullahi Adamu, has said the party may punish Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the party, over his comment “against” President Muhammadu Buhari.
When he visited Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, on Wednesday, Tinubu told delegates of the ruling party that without him, Buhari would not have been president.
He said after three election loses, Buhari wept and said he would not contest again, but he (Tinubu) went to Katsina and asked Buhari to run again and that he would win because he and others were on the president’s side.
The comment had sparked negative reactions across the country, with many accusing Tinubu of likening himself to God.
Briefing newsmen at the APC headquarters in Abuja on Saturday, Adamu said, “We may punish him (Tinubu) for his utterances against the President.”
Adamu also said no presidential aspirant had been disqualified from contesting at the party’s presidential primary slated for Monday.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Ogun 2023 And The Man, Otegbeye With Uncontroversial Certification
- Gunmen Kidnap Six People In Kwara, Four Rescued By Police
- IBB @ 81: Journalists Must Shun Politicians Who Preach Hate Speech, Disunity – Babangida
- ASUU: LAUTECH Debunks Rumored Resumption
- Osun LG Election: Don’t Allow Yourself To Be Used As Tool Of Illegality- PDP Advises OSIEC
News5 days ago
Osun: Producer Of Popular Local Balm ‘Ero Arike’ Kidnapped, Rescued By Police
News4 days ago
2023: Osun TSO Holds Strategic Meeting, Implores All To Work For Asiwaju’s Victory
News4 days ago
Osun-Osogbo Festival: Devotees Defy Govt Warning, Drink ‘Healing Water’ From River
News2 days ago
Five Famous Countries Where Women Marry Multiple Husbands