BREAKING: FG To Present Certificate Of Registration To Breakaway ASUU Faction, CONUA
President Muhammadu Buhari-led government in an attempt to weaken the strength of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) is set to present a certificate of registration to a breakaway faction of the union, the Congress of Nigerian University Academics (CONUA).
CONUA is a breakaway faction of ASUU with a presence in a few federal universities.
The new union is been led by its National Coordinator, ‘Niyi Sunmonu, a lecturer at the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife.
Naija News gathered that the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige
will do the presentation on Tuesday.
The development was disclosed in an invitation forwarded to newsmen by the Deputy Director of Press and Public Relations, Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment, Oshundun Olajide.
The message released by the Ministry of Labour read, “The Honorable Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige cordially invites you to the recognition and presentation of Certificate of Registration to the Congress of Nigerian University Academics (CONUA).
“The Programme is scheduled to hold as follows:
“Date: Tuesday, 4th October 2022
“Venue: Hon. Minister Conference Room, Federal Secretariat, Phase 1, Abuja.
“Time: 2:00 pm
“Your media organisation is invited to cover the event and strictly by invitation.”
ASUU has been on strike since the 14th of February without the Federal Government attending to its demands.
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack