The Kaduna state command of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), has waged war against some Drug trafficker’s locations in the state where scores of suspects were arrested and joints were being sealed.
Speaking, the state Commander of the Agency, Mr. Umar Adoro, on Monday, said its operatives have arrested 121 suspected drug traffickers, sealed 13 properties in
Commander Adoro, narrating further, said the operation which was conducted in September, led to the destruction of 27 notorious drug joints across the 23 local government areas of the state.
While numbering some of the areas covered, he outlined Kawo, Kabala Costain, Numba Zango, Zaria City, Sabon gari, Nupe street, Unguwar Muazu, Unguwar shanu, Maraban Jos, Dan Magaji, Hayin Banki, and Kafanchan as parts of major joints where illicit drugs were sold.
Adoro explained that out of the 121 suspects, 13 were females, adding that the drugs seized included 247,172kg Indian hemp, 0.041kg Cocaine, 0.004kg of heroin, 0.363kg of Tramadol, 74, 441kg Psychotropic substance, and 0.001kg Methamphetamine.
He further gave the total weight of drugs seized as; 322,476kg within the period under review.
He urged every citizen to always give out timely and useful information on illicit drug dealers to enable the agency to take prompt action.
The commander, therefore, called on parents and guardians to be watchful of their wards on the type of friends they move with all the time and vowed that the war against drug trafficking and consumption would be on the track until it is eradicated in the state.
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack