How Gas Explosion Burnt 4 Family Members Displaced By Flood
A family of four displaced by River Niger flood have been reportedly hospitalized at the Federal Medical Center, Lokoja, after suffering burns caused by gas cylinder explosion.
It was learnt that the incident happened on Wednesday, September 28 at the victims’ new abode at Adankolo, a suburb of Lokoja where flood victims relocated to.
The victims are Musa Aminat, Muhammed Musa, Abdulsalam Hadizat and Halimat Sadiya.
Daily Trust learnt that they were trying to fix a gas cylinder to cook when it exploded and inflictes life-threatening burns on them.
“Shortly, after settling down in their new temporary abode, the victims decided to prepare something to eat. So, they brought out their gas cylinder and lit it. The cylinder exploded immediately.
“The explosion of the gas cylinder was attributed to the hurried manner in which they packed their belongings to avoid being taken over by water. Probably the cylinder was leaking and led to the explosion,” one of the victims’ relations, Godwin Wanbebe, said.
Wanbebe stated that the family had spent all it had on the victims’ treatment and urged members of the public to assist in paying their hospital bills.
Daily Trust Report
Education4 days ago
HND Holders To Be Employed As Assistant Lecturers In Polytechnics, Monotechnics – NBTE
News5 days ago
Inaugural Speech Delivered By New Governor Of Osun, Senator Ademola Adeleke
News3 days ago
Olona Of Ada, Oba Oyetunde Installs Obafemi Okediya As Otunba Atobase Of Ada
News4 days ago
Power Tussle:NURTW Members Engage Themselves In Battle As Osun Gets New Governor