A gold miner and his driver have been kidnapped along Ilesa-Osogbo road, Osun State.
Sources very close to the kidnap victims, Musibau Adepoju, and his driver, whose name could not be ascertained, disclosed that the duo was abducted on Friday evening.
The victim, who usually operates within gold mining communities around Ilesa, is based in Osogbo alongside his family members and was said to be on his way home before he was waylaid and kidnapped.
It was reported that the kidnappers have contacted the family of Adepoju and had demanded the sum of N100 million.
“It was on Saturday morning that we got a call from one of the kidnappers who asked us to bring the N100 million as ransom. We became more worried because we don’t have that money. We have been praying ever since for his unconditional release,” a source said.
The incident was said to have been reported at the state police command.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- 2023: Osun TSO Holds Strategic Meeting, Implores All To Work For Asiwaju’s Victory
- LASG Disbands MOT Enforcement Team
- Rural-Urban Migration: Oyo CSDA, ALGON Collaborate on Community Projects Sustenance
- Sat Guru Maharaj jI Denies Allegation Of Cooking With Human Blood
- Oyo Deputy Governor, Bayo Lawal To Act As Governor For 23 Days
News4 days ago
Ede Killings: Osun Lawmaker Debunks Alleged Involvement In The Crisis
Crime2 days ago
Just In: Court Remands Osun Popular Thug, Rasidi Oko-Ilu Over Alleged Murder, Arson
Opinion4 days ago
Open Letter To The People Of Osun By Kunle Oyatomi
News4 days ago
FG, Private Employment Agencies Partners on Labour Migration