Osun state Magistrate’s court sitting in Osogbo on Friday ordered the remand of a 44-year-old man Kazeem Olapade for allegedly raping his daughter.
The accused person who is facing three count charge of assault and raping pleaded not guilty to the allegations preferred against him by the police.
Police prosecutor, Inspector Akintunde Jacob informed the court that the accused person committed the offence between the month of August, 2020 and January, 2021 at Ido-Osun Osogbo.
Jacob alleged that the accused person did have unlawful have carnal knowledge of his 14-year-old daughter (name withheld).
He added that Olapade defiled and indecently assaulted the teenager within the five month.
He noted that the offence committed contravened Section 214(1),360 of the Criminal Code Cap 34 Vol ll Law of Osun state 2002 and Section 31(1)(2) of the Child’s Rights law of Osun State 2007.
Defence Counsel, K.C Kazeem made an oral application for the bail of the accused person in most liberal term.
In his ruling, Dr Olusegun Ayilara ordered that the accused be remanded in Ilesa correctional center.
Ayilara adjourned the matter till February 5 for ruling on formal bail application.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria
- Just In: IBB’s Spokesman, Chief Duro Onabule, Is Dead
- Cultists Supremacy Tussle: Amotekun Arrests 15 Over Killings, Robbery In Ogun
- Boundaries Between Nigeria, Neighbours Artificial, Says Gambari
News5 days ago
Osun-Osogbo Festival: Devotees Defy Govt Warning, Drink ‘Healing Water’ From River
News2 days ago
Man Electrocuted While Stealing Transformer Cables In Osogbo
News3 days ago
Five Famous Countries Where Women Marry Multiple Husbands
News2 days ago
At Last, OSIEC Announces Date For Local Government Election