Armed robbers have raided a commercial bank in Aramoko Ekiti, the headquarters of the Ekiti West Local government area of Ekiti State, on Monday killing at least three people and injuring others.
It was gathered a police officer, one road safety officer and a civilian were killed during the incident.
Witnesses CityMirrorNews that the robbers arrived at the Wema bank, situated in the heart of the town, at about 5 p.m. and shot in the air to scare away people.
“The robbers forced their way into the banking hall with dynamite and carted away a huge amount of money in ‘Ghana must go bag,’” said a witness who requested not to be named.
The residents were said to have run in different directions due to the severity of the gunshots, which the source said had sent jitters around the spines of the people.
Vehicles travelling across Ado-Iyin-Aramoko-Efon road had to take a detour to prevent being caught in the web of gunshots.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Five Things You Should Know About Monkeypox
- 2023: Tinubu Is The Solution To Nigeria’s Challenges – Oluwo
- Amotekun Intercepts 168 Invaders With Charms Hiding Under Cows
- How Inmate Of Owerri Correctional Centre Has Spent 14 Years Awaiting Trial
- Ogbomoso Kidnappings, Killing: Oyo Residents Stage Peaceful Protest, Call For Govts Action
News4 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Kill Man, Daughter Few Hours After Wife Put To Bed In Osogbo
News4 days ago
The Man Tafa Balogun, How He Was Forced Out Of Police
News5 days ago
Bishop Olubadejo Charges Christians To Always Praise God, As Deacones Akintade Marks 60th Birthday
News3 days ago
Fear Grips Residents As Gunmen Invade Osun Community, Shoot At One