Justice Samuel Chukwudumebi Oseji of the Supreme Court is dead.
Festus Akande, Director of Information of the Supreme Court, announced this in a statement, on Tuesday.
Akande confirmed that the jurist died at the National Hospital, Abuja, where he had been receiving treatment for some days, in the early hours of Tuesday September 28, 2021.
The apex court statement explains that “Justice Oseji who hails from Idumuje Unor in Aniocha North Local Government of Delta State, was born in Jos, Plateau State on 2nd June, 1954 to the family of Mr. and Mrs. Ebenezer Oseji.
“He attended Nigerian People’s High School, Lagos between 1977 and 1979, and later proceeded to St. Patrick’s College, Asaba, Delta State where he completed his Secondary School education in 1980.
He was admitted into the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 1980 and had his LLB Degree in 1984; and was subsequently called to the Nigerian Bar in 1985.
“Justice Oseji had a brief working stint with the Legal Aid Council before his appointment as Senior Magistrate Grade 1 in the the Delta State Judiciary in January 1994. He was appointed High Court Judge in Delta state on 9th November, 1998; and was later elevated to the Court of Appeal Bench on 16th July, 2010. He became Supreme Court Justice on Friday 6th November, 2020.”
- An Estimated 600,000 Nigerians Have Died In The Past Six Years Due To Usages Of Charcoal, Kerosene – Osinbajo
- Bullying: Our Value System Is Upside Down – VC, Babcock University
- Nigeria’s insecurity will help investors make more money: Femi Adesina
- Woman Alleged Of Having Affairs With Offa Poly Rector Reacts, Describes Ex-Husband As A Sinking Fellow Who Wants To Pull People Down
- “We Have Arrested Two Dowen students At Large, Three In Police Custody On Sylvester Oromoni” – Lagos CP
News3 days ago
Federal College Staff In Trouble For Allegedly Raping Student
News4 days ago
Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
News2 days ago
Police Reveal Identity Of Officer Who Kill Rig Operator In Osogbo
News5 days ago
APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition