At least 11 residents of Dan-Kumeji village in Kankara Local Government Area of Katsina State have been reportedly shot dead by bandits.
It gathered that six persons who sustained injuries in the attack are currently receiving treatment at a hospital.
A resident, Abdulmumini Sani, who confirmed the incident in a telephone interview, said the attackers stormed the village around 11:30pm and started shooting sporadically.
“When our people saw them, they started running for safety, not knowing that some of the attackers laid ambush in strategic positions. They just pounced out and started shooting those trying to escape the attack,” he said.
He added that this morning (Friday) about 11 dead bodies were counted and burial arrangements were ongoing for the recovered corpses.
Police spokesman in Katsina, SP Gambo Isah, is yet to confirm the incident as the time of filing this report.
- Car Wash Operators Decry Activities Of Mining Expatriates On Osun Stream
- ‘They Want To Harm Me’, Sibling Of Slain OAU Master’s Student Raises Alarm
- Just In: Three killed As Robbers Raid Bank In Aramoko Ekiti
- Federal Lawmaker, Ayeni Distributes 1, 200 Bags Of Fertilizer, Sprayers To Farmers In Osun
- NYSC Tasks Corps Members on Teamwork, Patriotism
News5 days ago
Osun Journalist Attacked By Hoodlum Cries Out, Says His Life Is In Danger
News4 days ago
Akirun Obaship Tussle: Court Restrains Osun Govt From Accepting Obaara, Adedeji Ruling Houses’ Nomination
Education5 days ago
OSPOLY Releases Admission List For 2021/2022 Academic Session
News4 days ago
Entrepreneurship Skill Acquisition, Panacea To Unemployment In Nigeria, Amb Farounbi