British Nigerian heavyweight boxer Anthony Joshua has given an insight into what went wrong during his fight Oleksandr Usyk on Saturday night.
Joshua’s WBA, IBF, and WBO belts were ripped away by Usyk, who produced a masterful unanimous decision victory at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Joshua required medical attention after suffering a badly swollen right eye, which he admits had severely restricted his vision, Sky Sports reports.
“What went wrong? Just taking a loss, but we’ll get it right,” said Joshua.
“From the ninth, I couldn’t see in the ninth round. Couldn’t see anything really.
“My eye was shut, but it was a good experience, because in adversity, you’ve just got to learn to control yourself, stay on top of things, so when I couldn’t see anything, it’s the first time it’s happened in a fight.
“I was thinking, ‘Alright, cool, it’s the first time my eye has closed up in a fight. I can’t see nothing.’
“I’m looking out of one eye, but it got better as the rounds went on.”
However, Joshua says a fight against Tyson Fury could still happen in the future, even without his world heavyweight titles, after his loss to Oleksandr Usyk.
- An Estimated 600,000 Nigerians Have Died In The Past Six Years Due To Usages Of Charcoal, Kerosene – Osinbajo
- Bullying: Our Value System Is Upside Down – VC, Babcock University
- Nigeria’s insecurity will help investors make more money: Femi Adesina
- Woman Alleged Of Having Affairs With Offa Poly Rector Reacts, Describes Ex-Husband As A Sinking Fellow Who Wants To Pull People Down
- “We Have Arrested Two Dowen students At Large, Three In Police Custody On Sylvester Oromoni” – Lagos CP
News3 days ago
Federal College Staff In Trouble For Allegedly Raping Student
News4 days ago
Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
News2 days ago
Police Reveal Identity Of Officer Who Kill Rig Operator In Osogbo
News5 days ago
APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition