Gunmen have attacked Te’egbe community, Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State, in the early hours of Friday.
ASP Obah Ogaba, the Public Relations Officer of the Police Command in Plateau, confirmed the incident to PM News.
He said: “We are aware of the attack and will get the details across to you shortly.”
However, a spokesman for the Miango Youth Development Association, Nuhu Bitrus, who spoke on the attack, said search and rescue operations for the victims were still ongoing.
According to Bitrus, 10 persons who were shot dead by the gunmen had been evacuated to the mortuary.
Bitrus said, “Last night was really another black day for the Rigwe nation as militia attacked Te’egbe village, killed so many people, and injured many others. They also set their houses on fire.
“Right now, we have just counted the bodies of ten persons who were shot dead by the attackers. They are being taken to the mortuary. We also discovered three persons who sustained gunshot injuries.
“Our people are still searching for more victims because the damage done to the community is too much. We will let you know when we are done with the search and rescue operation.”
- APC didn’t win 2018 guber election – Lasun Yussuf alleges, says nobody can stop his 2022 governorship ambition
- ‘APC Did Not Win 2018 Governorship Election In Osun’ – Gov aspirant, Lasun Yusuf
- APC Elders Caucus Member, Lasun Yusuf Confirms 2018 Rigging In Favour Of The Party
- Akin Ogunbiyi Bags OAU Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Oyetola’s Administration Is All-inclusive— YPF Coordinator, Lekan
News4 days ago
How Ife LG Workers Buried OAU MBA Student On Police Directive – Lawyer
News3 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News3 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News2 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition