The Senate on Wednesday, confirmed the appointment of Haliru Nababa, as the Controller-General of the Nigerian Correctional Service.
This was disclosed in a tweet via the verified page of the Nigeria Senate.
“The nomination of Haliru Nababa is CONFIRMED as Comptroller-General of the Nigerian Correctional Service,” it read.
His confirmation follows his screening by the Senator Kashim Shettima-led Senate Committee on Interior.
In his presentation, Shettima said the Committee found the nominee suitable for the position, and no petition was received against him.
“The nominee possesses the educational qualification for the position; the nominee is not affiliated to any political party, the nominee is within the age bracket for the recommendation,” Senator Shettima told the House.
This motion was seconded by Senator Abba Moro.
- Implement Judicial Autonomy, Senate Tells Governors
- ‘I Know They Will Come After Me When I Leave Office, I Am Ready For Them’ – Wike
- Insecurity In Osun: Oyetola Superintends The Weakest Govt In History- Expert
- Gunmen Invade Osun Community, Shoot Three Persons
- 8 Repentant Militants, Kidnappers Become Pastors
News5 days ago
Management Counts Loses As Rainstorm Wrecks Havock On OSPOLY
News5 days ago
Breaking: I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn – Obaseki Replies FG
News3 days ago
How Ghanaian Actress, Akuapem Poloo Was Jailed 90 Days Over Nude Photo With Son
News4 days ago
Breaking: FG Lifts Ban On Registration Of New SIMs