By Our Reporter
There has been tension and apprehension in NASRDA since the announcement of Dr Halilu Shaba Ahmad as the acting Director-General by an unknown source.
According to the undisclosed source, Dr Ahmad has been in acting capacity of the agency following the expiration of two – term of Professor Seidu Mohammed in June, 2020.
This has caused apprehension in the agency as Dr Francis Chizea Dubem reacted that he is the acting Director-General of the agency following the expiration of Mr Jonathan Angulu who was acting as the DG. He claims that he was issued a letter dated 15th May, 2020 through the ministry of science and technology by permanent secretary.
A group from the North- central,called the North central Emancipation group in a statement signed by the leader of the group Barr,Liasu mohammed on Tuesday has called on Dr Francis Chizea Dubem to stop impersonating as acting Director-General of the agency.
Members of the staff of the agency are caught between the two actors laying claim to the leadership of the agency as this has caused distrust and also affecting the day to day running of the agency.
More so, this development has also faulted the presidency for not handling the crisis fairly. Dr Shaba who is bragging around that his uncle now the chief of staff to president Mohammadu Buhari prof. Gambari to have him appointed at all cost irrespective of the due process in appointing the director general of the agency.
- Sallah: OSCOTECH Alumni President, Adenle Felicitates Muslims, Urges Them To Pray For End To Insecurity
- Tunde Badmus Greets Muslims At Eid, Advises FG To Tackle Insecurity For Economic Growth
- Eid-el-Fitri: Badmus Felicitates With Muslims, Sues for Peace, Ethno-Religious Tolerance
- Ganduje Frees 123 Prison Inmates For Eid-El-Fitr
- Table Your Demands To National Assembly, BMO Tells Southern Governors