The Grand Council of Yoruba Youths has commended the Nigerian Union of Journalists, South West zone for appointing the minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola as its Grand Patron.
The ceremony as well as conferment of Award of Excellence on the former governor of Osun State will hold next Friday, March 26, 2021 at the NUJ Press Centre, Iyaganku, Ibadan, Oyo state capital.
The group described Aregbesola as “a renowned human rights activist and revolutionary leader of all seasons” who deserves the special honour and award.
The group also commended the NUJ for recognising Aregbesola’s service to humanity and landmark achievements, by conferring on him its Grand Patron and award of excellence.
The President General of the group, Comrade Awa Bamiji in a press release therefore called on various groups including members of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), Community Based Organisations (CBOs), Youths’ and Students’ Organisations, and all patriotic Nigerians, to troop out in large numbers to celebrate the Minister at the event.
“It is on this note, we are calling on members of various credible Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), Community Based Organisations (CBOs), Youths’ and Students’ Organisations, as well as all Patriotic Nigerians, to join us in rolling out the drums and blaring the trumpets to celebrate this renowned human rights’ activist and revolutionary leader of all seasons and the organisers (NUJ Southwest Zone), on this occasion as scheduled”, Mr Bamiji said.
- Sallah: OSCOTECH Alumni President, Adenle Felicitates Muslims, Urges Them To Pray For End To Insecurity
- Tunde Badmus Greets Muslims At Eid, Advises FG To Tackle Insecurity For Economic Growth
- Eid-el-Fitri: Badmus Felicitates With Muslims, Sues for Peace, Ethno-Religious Tolerance
- Ganduje Frees 123 Prison Inmates For Eid-El-Fitr
- Table Your Demands To National Assembly, BMO Tells Southern Governors