The Governor of Osun, Adegboyega Oyetola has released the sum of Seven Hundred and Eight Million Naira (708,000,000.00) to pay pensions of retirees in the State.
The Head of Service in the State, Dr. Festus Olowogboyega Oyebade disclosed this in a statement issued on Monday. He restated the Governor Oyetola-led administration’s commitment to the people’s welfare, saying effort had been mustered to give workers the pride of place they deserve.
A breakdown of the fund released indicates that the sum of N508million was approved to pay pensions of retired civil servants under the Old Pension Scheme, while the sum of N150million was approved to pay selected retirees “based on merit”, under the Contributory Pensions Scheme.
Also, the total sum of N50million will be used to offset part of the gratuities of retired officers under the Old Pensions Scheme.
The statement noted that the list of names of the selected retirees has been posted on the notice boards of the Ministry of Information and Civil Orientation; State Pensions Bureau and the Office of the Head of Service.
“Retirees are enjoined to check their names on the boards as payment starts on Tuesday, 23 November, 2021,” the statement reads in parts.
- APC didn’t win 2018 guber election – Lasun Yussuf alleges, says nobody can stop his 2022 governorship ambition
- ‘APC Did Not Win 2018 Governorship Election In Osun’ – Gov aspirant, Lasun Yusuf
- APC Elders Caucus Member, Lasun Yusuf Confirms 2018 Rigging In Favour Of The Party
- Akin Ogunbiyi Bags OAU Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Oyetola’s Administration Is All-inclusive— YPF Coordinator, Lekan
News4 days ago
How Ife LG Workers Buried OAU MBA Student On Police Directive – Lawyer
News3 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News3 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News2 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition