The Chairman of Andoni Area Traditional Rulers Council, HRM King Dr. Aaron .M. Ikuru was whisked away by gunmen from his residence on Sunday night.
Mr Maurice Ikuru, who is the monarch’s palace spokesperson, confirmed the incident.
“Yes, it’s true. It happened about 8:30 or 9pm,” Ikuru stated on Monday morning.
However, the gunmen also kidnapped some boat travellers, including a lecturer at the University of Port Harcourt, who were returning to Port Harcourt from Andoni.
The spokesman of the State Police Command, Nnamdi Omoni, confirmed the incident but was yet to get their identities.
“I can confirm that some persons who were coming back from Andoni were ambushed and kidnapped. Investigation is on-going to get the details,” Omoni stated.
- Jalingo Advocates Improved Funding Of Correctional Centres In Nigeria
- Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba
- Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
- Osun NUJ Chairman, Wasiu Ajadosu Loses Mother
- 50th Birthday: Osun NUJ Secretary To Launch Book Tomorrow
Crime2 days ago
Court Sentences Prince Oyinlola To Jail In Osun
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Imo: Police Detain Former Governor, Rochas Okorocha
News5 days ago
US Reveals How Hushpuppi Laundered Funds For North Korean Bank Hackers
News4 days ago
EFCC Acting Chairman Promoted To Level 14 Ahead Of Senate Screening