The Deputy Governor of Osun State, Benedict Alabi, was held down in Osogbo by members of the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN) and lawyers from Nigeria Bar Association(NBA) on Thursday in a protest to demand financial autonomy of the judiciary.
The protesters started at the High Court, Oke-Fia and marched to Customary Court through to Federal High Court opposite Osun State House of Assembly at Gbongan/Osogbo road.
When members of the two unions were marching to the Osun Government Secretariat, the convoy of the Deputy Governor was passing on the same road.
The protesters refused to give way to the convoy comprising of five vehicles and pinned the convoy down.
They blocked the convoy with placards and banners as the security details implored them to give way.
The protesters refused to give way, forcing the convoy to move with the protesters.
The convoy later managed to escape at the Petrol Station close to the State Government Secretariat, Abere when the vehicles entered through the first entrance of the filling station and exit through the second gate to boycott the protesters.
The protesters ran after the convoy to create another blockage but they could not meet up as all the vehicles escaped.
- Sallah: OSCOTECH Alumni President, Adenle Felicitates Muslims, Urges Them To Pray For End To Insecurity
- Tunde Badmus Greets Muslims At Eid, Advises FG To Tackle Insecurity For Economic Growth
- Eid-el-Fitri: Badmus Felicitates With Muslims, Sues for Peace, Ethno-Religious Tolerance
- Ganduje Frees 123 Prison Inmates For Eid-El-Fitr
- Table Your Demands To National Assembly, BMO Tells Southern Governors