The former lawmaker representing Kaduna Central Senatorial District, Senator Shehu Sani has criticized the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari’s government not to expose sponsors of terrorism in the country.
Sani said this while reacting to the statement of Femi Adesina, spokesman to President Muhammadu Buhari, on exposing sponsors of terrorism in Nigeria.
Adesina had on Monday disclosed during an interview on Channels Television that the Federal Government is not interested in exposing sponsors of terrorism.
Last week, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) included six Nigerians on its terror list.
But when Adesina was asked if Buhari would comment on the issue of terrorism at the United Nations Assembly, following the naming of six Nigerians as “sponsors of terrorism” in UAE, Adesina said the Federal Government’s focus would be on the prosecution of suspects.
“Naming and shaming won’t be the motive. Rather, bringing malefactors to justice would be it. Nigeria is not interested in naming and shaming anybody. Rather, it wants to bring them to justice,” Adesina said.
Reacting to the development, Sani, in a tweet via his Twitter handle, said, “If the Nigerian Government can’t expose the sponsors of terrorism, then it can’t absolve itself from the horror and tragedy our people experience every day of their lives.”
- An Estimated 600,000 Nigerians Have Died In The Past Six Years Due To Usages Of Charcoal, Kerosene – Osinbajo
- Bullying: Our Value System Is Upside Down – VC, Babcock University
- Nigeria’s insecurity will help investors make more money: Femi Adesina
- Woman Alleged Of Having Affairs With Offa Poly Rector Reacts, Describes Ex-Husband As A Sinking Fellow Who Wants To Pull People Down
- “We Have Arrested Two Dowen students At Large, Three In Police Custody On Sylvester Oromoni” – Lagos CP
News3 days ago
Federal College Staff In Trouble For Allegedly Raping Student
News4 days ago
Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
News2 days ago
Police Reveal Identity Of Officer Who Kill Rig Operator In Osogbo
News5 days ago
APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition