Security has been beefed up at the Abia State High Court located at Ikot Ekpene Road Umuahia, the state capital, as the suit filed by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, comes up for hearing today.
Recall that the secessionist, had through his special counsel, Mr. Aloy Ejimakor, sued the Federal Government of Nigeria over his extradition from Kenya few months ago.
The suit is demanding that Kanu be returned to Kenya where he was allegedly extradited from and subsequently to Britain where he was residing.
It also demanded N5 billion from the Federal Government over alleged gross violation of his fundamental rights.
More to follow…
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News2 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News2 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News4 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News1 day ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars