In continuation of finding a lasting solution to insecurity in the southwest region of the country, Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State is currently hosting governors of Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo and Lagos States in Ibadan, Oyo State capital on a crucial meeting.
Prominent traditional rulers in the southwest, who are also in the meeting include, the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi; Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Asetunji; Akarigbo of Remo, Oba Babatunde Ajayi and Olugbo of Ugbo Kingdom, Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan.
Deputy Inspector-General of Police (in charge of the southwest), David Folawiyo is also in attendance at the meeting.
Sources told newsmen that the crucial security meeting was not unconnected with the incessant killings in the southwest and the call by the governors in the southwest for state police.
- Osun: Oba Arowotawaya Lights Up Erinmo Through Yeye Gbobaniyi
- Jalingo Advocates Improved Funding Of Correctional Centres In Nigeria
- Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba
- Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
- Osun NUJ Chairman, Wasiu Ajadosu Loses Mother
Crime3 days ago
Court Sentences Prince Oyinlola To Jail In Osun
News4 days ago
BREAKING: Imo: Police Detain Former Governor, Rochas Okorocha
News5 days ago
EFCC Acting Chairman Promoted To Level 14 Ahead Of Senate Screening
News3 days ago
Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ex-President Jonathan’s Community, Inflict Injuries On Man, Son