In continuation of finding a lasting solution to insecurity in the southwest region of the country, Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State is currently hosting governors of Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo and Lagos States in Ibadan, Oyo State capital on a crucial meeting.
Prominent traditional rulers in the southwest, who are also in the meeting include, the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi; Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Asetunji; Akarigbo of Remo, Oba Babatunde Ajayi and Olugbo of Ugbo Kingdom, Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan.
Deputy Inspector-General of Police (in charge of the southwest), David Folawiyo is also in attendance at the meeting.
Sources told newsmen that the crucial security meeting was not unconnected with the incessant killings in the southwest and the call by the governors in the southwest for state police.
- Just In: Customs Busts Pangolin Scales Exporters In Lagos, 3 Suspects Arrested
- Osun House Of Assembly Sets To Pass Grazing Bill Into Law, Itemizes Benefits
- As Floods Ravage Osogbo, PDP Accuses Osun Govt Of Neglecting Critical Infrastructure
- Ward Congress: Osun APC Appreciates Members
- Floods Dislodge Residents, Wreak Havoc In Osogbo
South West News3 days ago
Imesi-Ile History Book launched In Osogbo, Author Says It Took 45 Years To Finish
Entertainment5 days ago
Just In: Nollywood Actress Racheal Oniga Is Dead
News3 days ago
Hijrah Year 1443 Celebration: Osun Muslim Community Urges FG To Redouble Effort In Tackling Insecurity
News2 days ago
Lagos Socialite Laide Oropo Is Dead