Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo also known as Sunday Igboho, has been arrested in Cotonou, Benin Republic,
According to The PUNCH, he was arrested at an airport in Cotonou on Monday night, a top source familiar with the matter told our correspondent.
Igboho was arrested by the security forces in Benin Republic about three weeks after the Department of State Services declared him wanted for allegedly stockpiling arms, an allegation he has since denied.
The source told The PUNCH that Igboho will be repatriated to Nigeria on Tuesday (today) from Benin Republic, one of Nigeria’s neighbouring countries in the West African sub region.
“He was arrested in Cotonou while he tried to travel out on Monday night. His destination was Germany. The security forces in Benin Republic should repatriate him to Nigeria on Tuesday,” the source said.
- Breaking: UNIPORT’s Deputy VC-designate Prof Efemini Dies Suddenly
- EFCC Quizzes, Grills Saraki Over Alleged Fund Misappropriation
- Ward Congress: Ex-Osun Speaker, Salam Faults Process, Accuses Committee Of Bias
- APC Ward Congress: Due Process Not Followed In Kano — National Party Chair Aspirant Alleges
- Gospel Singer, Tope Ajogbajesu Dies
News5 days ago
Breaking: Benin Republic Files New Charges Against Sunday Igboho
News5 days ago
Boko Haram Releases Photos Of Abducted Soldiers, Protocol Officers
News4 days ago
Minor Allegedly Defiled By Baba Ijesha Testifies In Camera
Sports5 days ago
Breaking: Naomi Osaka Knocked Out Of Tokyo Games