The Federal Government has claimed it is winning the war against insurgents in the country, insisting that Nigeria is not a failed state.
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed made the claims in an interview with BBC on Wednesday.
Lai Mohammed in comments claimed that the security situation in the Northeast was worst before the emergence of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration in 2015.
He said the terrorists have decided to surrender to the Nigerian troops following a recent onslaught against them.
“The Nigerian Government is winning the war against insurgents, the evidence of that is the number of insurgents that are already surrendering not only with their weapons but with their family,” Lai Mohammed said.
“This thing takes time. Don’t forget that in 2015, the entire Northeast was a no go area where schools, markets and hospitals were closed. It is clearly not what we inherited in 2015”.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- UNIOSUN: The Rantings Of An Infant Alumni Executive By Blessing Olowolafe
- Outrage As FG Links Igboho With Boko Haram
- Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
- TOP Demands Apology From Oyetola, Police Over Reputational Damage Suffered On Dismissed Case
- Federal Lawmaker, Ayeni Empowers Constituents In Osun (Photos)
News5 days ago
Apologize To The Founding Fathers Of UNIOSUN Now, Ex-Students Tell Outgoing VC
News3 days ago
Open Disrespect To Oluwo: Iwo Chief Blasts K1, Calls For Withdrawal Of His Traditional Title
News4 days ago
‘Somebody’s Son Can Not Find You With That Video’ – Nigerians Mock Tiwa Savage Over Leaked Sex Tape
News4 days ago
FBI, South Africa Arrest Nigerian Scammers In Cape Town, Founder Of Black Axe Nabbed