Scores of angry youths on Wednesday morning stormed the Oyo State Secretariat, Agodi to register their grievances over the alleged killing of a 17-year-old boy, simple identified as Opeyemi by an Amotekun Corp.
The agreived youths in their numbers
protested at the Secretariat, insisting that justice must prevail on the matter
CityMirrorNews gathered that the ugly incident occurred at Mokola area in Ibadan.
Human and vehicular movements were disrupted as the aggrieved youths blocked all the link roads around the secretariat.
The youths who carried the corpse of the victim on the roof of a tricycle demanded the state Governor, Seyi Makinde to fish out the killer Amotekun corp.
Speaking with CityMirrorNews, One of the protesters, said the boy was mistaken for an armed robber when he was shot.
The Executive Assistant on Security to Gov Makinde, Mr. Sunday Odukoya, made frantic efforts to appease the aggrieved youths but they insisted on seeing the governor.
All the gates leading into the state secretariat was under lock whIle the protest lasted.
It was gathered that the victim of the incident who was an apprentice at a private printing press at Mokola, went out on Tuesday night to buy food around Uncle Joe area where he met his untimely death.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria