A woman, Funmilayo Olalere, residing in Amondo village, near Ile-Ife, has been arrested for assaulting her grandchild living with her.
It was gathered that the suspect beat the victim with a broom, which damaged her eye.
Rather than taking the victim to a hospital after she sustained the injury, the grandmother was said to have opted for self-treatment and applied urine on the eye.
The Osun State Government on Wednesday said it ordered the arrest of the woman.
It was said that the suspect had been referred to the Osun Women’s Clinic, where she would undergo psychotherapy pending her arraignment in court.
The Osun State Commissioner for Women, Children and Social Affairs, Olubukola Olaboopo, said her ministry got information that the suspect, popularly called ‘Iya Ibeji Olowo’ used a broom on the child.
“Based on the information, we traced the address, which is very remote and the ministry caused the woman to be arrested; she is to be charged to court soon.
“I advise parents and guardians to be humane while disciplining their children, as any violence against children would be met with stiff penalty,” the commissioner said.
- Bowen University VC Advocates Collaboration Among Nigerian Universities To Achieve Success In Research
- Blackmail no longer fashionable in politics – Adamawa Rep member
- Alex Saab Case – UN Report Makes Cape Verde’s Position Unsustainable And Indefensible
- #FreeAlexSaab: UN Special Rapporteur Berates Spate Of Human Rights Violation In Venezuela, Calls For Lift Of Blockade
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate To Become Compulsory For Travel – FG
News5 days ago
Drama As Herbalist Escorts Sowore To Court
News4 days ago
Chief Imam Offa, MKO Abiola’s Daughter, Oranmiyan DG, Associate Editor Of The Nation, Others Storm Ilorin For Olateju Birthday Celebration
News3 days ago
#EndSARS Protesters Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu
Crime3 days ago
Fake NSCDC Officer Bags 7 Years Imprisonment