Gunmen suspected to be bandits have attacked the popular college of Agriculture, Bakura, in Zamfara State and abducted unspecified number of students.
It was gathered that the incident occured on Sunday night when the assailants invaded the school premises shooting sporadically, before whisking the victims away.
It was also learnt that the attackers engaged in gun due with some security personnel serving in the area, leading to the death of officers.
Details of the incident are still sketchy as at press time.
When contacted, the State’s Police Public Relations Officer, SP Muhammed Shehu confirmed the unfortunate incident.
He was, however, unable to give details of the attack stating that the command would “issue statement later”.
Meanwhile, Senator Shehu Sani who represented the Kaduna Central during the 8th National Assembly also confirmed the incident via a tweet in his verified Twitter handle on Monday morning.
The tweet reads, “We woke up with a tragic news of mass abductions of students and staff at the college of Agriculture Bakura, Zamfara State yesternight.
The bandits also killed some security personnel. Another tragedy. Budget upon Budget for defence, where are our security apparatuses?”
- How Ovie Omo-Agege Was Sent To Rig Me Out Of Osun Guber Race In 2018 – Lasun Yusuff
- APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition
- ‘APC Did Not Win 2018 Governorship Election In Osun’ – Gov aspirant, Lasun Yusuf
- APC Elders Caucus Member, Lasun Yusuf Confirms 2018 Rigging In Favour Of The Party
- Akin Ogunbiyi Bags OAU Distinguished Alumnus Award
News5 days ago
How Ife LG Workers Buried OAU MBA Student On Police Directive – Lawyer
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition