Former Rivers State secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief Emeka Beke, has emerged chairman of the party.
Beke was the preferred candidate going into the polls.
He polled 1,575 out of the 1,615 lawful votes cast in the state Congress on Saturday.
The chairman of the electoral committee who announced the result of the election said Beke met all the requirements and therefore declared him elected.
Speaking shortly after he was declared winner in the congress, the Rivers APC chairman-elect thanked all the delegates for taking part in the process.
He promised to bring everybody to work together and ensure that the party wins the 2023 elections.
“Let me thank our team from Abuja and INEC that has been here since morning.
“Let me sincerely from the bottom of my heart thank our leader the Rt honorable Rotimi Amaechi Amaechi and his team,” he said.
Meanwhile, Beke’s opponent in the contest, Chizi Nyeomasila, has accepted the outcome of the exercise and congratulated him.
- Travel Ban: British ban Nigeria is discrimination, we will retaliate – Lai Mohammed
- N-Power Batch C-Steam 1 – Authority To Commence Unscheduled Visit To Osun
- 2023: ‘I won’t Disappoint You By Not Running’ — Gov Bello Assures Kebbi, Sokoto Stakeholders
- FG Hails Osun Govt On Giant Strides Towards Developing Mineral Potentials
- Direct Primary: “Don’t Encourage Third Term Agenda Ploy By Politicians” – INEC
News3 days ago
Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
News2 days ago
Federal College Staff In Trouble For Allegedly Raping Student
News4 days ago
Akin Ogunbiyi Bags OAU Distinguished Alumnus Award
News5 days ago
Hijab: Stealth Deislamisation Of Nursing Students Resurfaces In OAU Teaching Hospital