The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Abdulrasheed Bawa, was rushed out of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Thursday, after he slumped at a programme.
Bawa, slumped at a programme at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Bawa was speaking on the importance of digital identification in commemoration of the National Identity Day when he suddenly became emotional, attributing his demeanour to the death of a staff of the commission.
He, however, did not give details of the identity of the staff.
Shortly after he said he couldn’t continue his speech and then walked off the stage, sat in his chair and slumped.
The EFCC boss was then immediately rushed out of the hall, accompanied by the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Mr Isa Panatami.
Shortly after, Mr Pantami returned to the hall and said he was now in a stable condition.
The event continued thereafter.
- 2023: Southwest Parliamentarians Vow To Mobilise Millions Of Votes For Tinubu/Shetima
- Nigerian Arrested, Another Wanted In Canada Over $500K Airline Ticket Fraud
- Tension As Corpse Disappears From Mortuary, Hospital Reviews CCTV
- Court Delivers Judgement Seeking Buhari’s Removal From Office Monday
- Minor Goes Missing Over Tribal Marks In Osun
News3 days ago
Senator Asks Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency On Security In Osun
News5 days ago
Osun: APC Senatorial Candidate, Tadese Escapes Assassination As Political Thugs Allegedly Attack Supporters
Politics5 days ago
2023 Poll: I Married Igbo Lady, Vote For My Father, Tinubu’s Son Begs Anambra Electorate
News3 days ago
JUST IN: Nasarawa Gov Loses Son