The Management of the University of Jos has approved 3 p.m. as the close time for Muslim staff of the institution during Ramadan.
Mr Abdullahi Abdullahi, Deputy Registrar, Information and Publications of the university, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday in Jos.
He said the gesture was to enable Muslim employees to observe the holy month of Ramadan with less stress.
“The vice-chancellor, Prof Sebastian Maimako, has approved 3 p.m. as closing time for Muslim staff in the university during the holy month of Ramadan.
“This is to enable them to effectively participate in the ongoing Ramadan fast,” the statement stated.
Abdullahi said the vice-chancellor called on the Muslim community of the university to use the Ramadan season to pray for the growth and development of the institution and for a peaceful society.
- Layo Bright: The Journey Of Nigerian Female Artist Projecting African Narratives Globally
- Iwo/Ile Ogbo Communal Clash: How Palace Guard Killed Policeman
- Police Arrest Eight ‘Notorious’ Kidnappers In Osun
- YPF Annual Ramadan Lecture: Clerics Blame Unending Insecurity, Poverty On Poor Leadership
- TOP Commiserates With Pastor Adeboye Over Son’s Death
News4 days ago
Breaking: Lagos Assembly suspends three LG chairmen
News5 days ago
Ondo To Return 45 Northern Youths To Kano, Jigawa
News5 days ago
APC Releases Guidelines For Lagos LG Poll
News3 days ago
Tinubu, Chief Bisi Akande, Fayemi, Sanwo-Olu, Makinde, Akeredolu, Aduagba, Others Storm Osun For YPF Ramadan Lecture