Officials of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have detained the Clerk of the Ondo State House of Assembly, Mr. Bode Aladeyelu and two other civil servants.
The anti-graft body is investigating alleged fraud in the Assembly involving N2.4million, which was released to enable the Clerk and two others attend a two-day seminar organised by the National Productivity Centre, Lagos.It was alleged that those who collected the money never attended the seminar.
The Clerk and the two workers were said to have honoured the EFCC invitation, but they were detained at the weekend.
Spokesman for the Assembly Mr. Gbenga Omole declined to comment on the matter. “I am not answering any question. I am going to address the press tomorrow (today),” he said.
- Why Woman Bathed Her 11-Year-Old Daughter With Hot Water In Osun— NSCDC
- Great Ife Alumni Congratulates Member, Ademola Akinromade On His Emergence As IPU National President
- Gunmen Enforcing IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Break Into Catholic Church In Onitsha
- Breaking: Buhari’s Campaign Coordinator, Pasali, Is Dead
- Infrastructure: Oyetola Approves Massive Rural Roads Grading
News4 days ago
Breaking: I Belong To The Osun Progressives, TOP, Aregbesola Declares
News5 days ago
Osun Monarch, Olukoyi Appreciates Gov Oyetola Over Appointment Of Indigenes
News2 days ago
Osun 2022: Ogunbiyi Has No Intention To Strike Deal With Ademola Adeleke – Campaign Office
News2 days ago
Famodun’s Outburst Confirms His Incompetence, Failure-Osun APC Faction