Officials of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have detained the Clerk of the Ondo State House of Assembly, Mr. Bode Aladeyelu and two other civil servants.
The anti-graft body is investigating alleged fraud in the Assembly involving N2.4million, which was released to enable the Clerk and two others attend a two-day seminar organised by the National Productivity Centre, Lagos.It was alleged that those who collected the money never attended the seminar.
The Clerk and the two workers were said to have honoured the EFCC invitation, but they were detained at the weekend.
Spokesman for the Assembly Mr. Gbenga Omole declined to comment on the matter. “I am not answering any question. I am going to address the press tomorrow (today),” he said.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Aremo Greets Oriade South LCDA Secretary, Tijani On His Birthday
- Nigerian Government’s Refusal To Appear In Court For Nnamdi Kanu’s Case Proves His Innocence — Lawyer
- [Photos] Foreign Tourists,Traditionalists, Others Storm Ile-Ife For 2021 Olojo Festival
- Man Ties Debtor To Stake In Lagos – Police
- Osun: Rep Taiwo Oluga To Interface With Online Journalists Monday
News5 days ago
Heavy Security In Abia As Court Hears Nnamdi Kanu’s Suit Against FG Today
News5 days ago
Villagers Beat Suspected IPOB Supporter To Death For Enforcing Sit-at-Home In Imo
News4 days ago
Again, Court Adjourns Bail Of Masquerade Custodian, Esuleke, Son, Others In Osun
Politics4 days ago
You’re A Political Liability, Social Media Politician, PDP Blasts FFK