Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has met with the Director-General of the WTO, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
Muhammadu Buhari and The newly appointed Director-General of the World Trade Organization, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has finally met with the President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari.
The meeting took place today at the State House in Abuja.
The WTO Chief Executive Officer, who assumed office on March 1, 2021, is visiting Nigeria for the first time since she took office in Geneva, Switzerland.
She arrived at the Presidential Villa at about 2:45 pm and was accompanied by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, the Minister of Trade and Investment, Otunba Niyi Adebayo as well as the Minister of State for Trade and Investment, Ambassador Maryam Katagum.
Also on the delegation are some officials of the World Trade Organisation.
The WTO DG, Dr Okonjo-Iweala, who had served as the Minister of Finance and Supervising Minister of the Economy was received by the Chief of Staff to the President, Professor Ibrahim Gambari.
- Sallah: OSCOTECH Alumni President, Adenle Felicitates Muslims, Urges Them To Pray For End To Insecurity
- Tunde Badmus Greets Muslims At Eid, Advises FG To Tackle Insecurity For Economic Growth
- Eid-el-Fitri: Badmus Felicitates With Muslims, Sues for Peace, Ethno-Religious Tolerance
- Ganduje Frees 123 Prison Inmates For Eid-El-Fitr
- Table Your Demands To National Assembly, BMO Tells Southern Governors