The executive and members of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Osun State council have been bereaved.
This followed the death of the association’s member, Mrs Folakemi Alonge on Wednesday evening.
Journalists in Osun State were thrown into mourning when the Union’s Secretary, Mr Bukola Elufadejin broke the sad news to members on their official WhatsApp platform.
Mrs Alonge, who was the ex-officio 1 of the Union worked with the Osun State Broadcasting Corporation (OSBC) before her death.
She was said to have died on Wednesday evening at the Osun State University Teaching Hospital,Osogbo (formerly known as LAUTECH)
The message posted by Elufadejin and sighted by News Boom reads: “We regret to announce the passing of Sister Folakemi Alonge this evening at LAUTECH.”
Upon receiving this message, the executive and members of the Union expressed shock and sadness at the death of Alonge.
News Boom gathered that she gave up the ghost after a yet to be disclosed illness.
- Afenifere Supports Pan Yoruba Summit, Commends Organizers For Timely Initiatives
- Insecurity: Presidency Dragging Nigeria To Political Armageddon -ADAPHAI
- Afenifere Supports Akeredolu’s Ultimatum To Herdsmen, Blasts FG
- Osun Teachers Recruitment: Exercise Will Be Based On Merit – Education Commissioner
- Go For COVID-19 Test, Oyetola Orders Cabinet Members, Domestic Staff
News2 days ago
How Govt Officials Compelled Oluwo To Cancel My Installation As Otun Oluwo – Osun APC Scribe, Salinsile
News3 days ago
Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
News4 days ago
Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development
News2 days ago
LG Chairmanship: Osun APC Ward 13 Members Drum Support For Oris, State Reasons