Police have reportedly arrested some End SARS protesters who stormed the Lekki Tollgate in Lagos State on Saturday morning.
Recall that the Federal Government had warned the protesters against embarking on a fresh protest in the country, stressing that the security agencies were ready to avert the planned protest.
It was reported that the Police on Friday evening, dispatched teams of operatives along the Lekki corridor ahead of protest at the toll gate.
The Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Police Command confirmed the deployment.
Recall that following the resolve of the Judicial Panel of Inquiry on the #EndSARS in the state to reopen the Tollgate, some aggrieved youths had vowed to shutdown the the facility via a fresh protest planned to commence today.
Abiodun Sanusi, one of the organisers of the protest, told newsmen that a total of 14 persons have been arrested.
- Jalingo Advocates Improved Funding Of Correctional Centres In Nigeria
- Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba
- Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
- Osun NUJ Chairman, Wasiu Ajadosu Loses Mother
- 50th Birthday: Osun NUJ Secretary To Launch Book Tomorrow
Crime2 days ago
Court Sentences Prince Oyinlola To Jail In Osun
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Imo: Police Detain Former Governor, Rochas Okorocha
News4 days ago
US Reveals How Hushpuppi Laundered Funds For North Korean Bank Hackers
News4 days ago
EFCC Acting Chairman Promoted To Level 14 Ahead Of Senate Screening