The National Assembly on Wednesday passed a bill to upgrade Adeyemi College of Education to a full-fledged university.
The development followed the concurrence of the Senate to the House of Representatives Bill which was earlier passed at the Green Chamber.
The institution will now be known as Adeyemi Federal University of Education, Ondo after the Senate passed the bill for third reading.
The President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan said the bill has repealed the Act that established Adeyemi College of Education and re-enacted a new one for the establishment of the Adeyemi Federal College of Education.
The Bill for the upgrade of the foremost college of Education was passed in the Eight National Assembly but the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), declined assent to it.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- 2021 Osun NUJ Press Week: Aremo, Asler, Others To Join Journalists On Health Walk Tomorrow
- Nigeria’s Health Ministry Plans To Borrow N82 Billion To Buy Mosquito Nets
- Osun NUJ: Senator Basiru Ajibola, Hon Sanya Omirin To Receive NUJ Award On Thursday
- Registry Plays Critical Role Of Facilitation, Administration Of Institutions–Expert
- Protest: Osun Govt Appeals To 2016 Pensioners To Be Patient
News2 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News4 days ago
2023: Eze Ndigbo Urges Tinubu, Others To Sacrifice Their Ambition In The Interest Of Peace
News5 days ago
How Some Discredited Politicians Are Trying To Use My Situation To Get Favour From Buhari – Igboho
News5 days ago
Photos: Osun NUJ Begins Press Week With Jumaat Service