The Senate has approved an amendment to the Electoral Act, which provides that political parties would henceforth use only the direct mode of primaries to elect candidates for elections.
The Senate had earlier approved a provision in the Electoral Bill that allowed parties to use either direct or indirect mode of primaries in nominating candidates for elections during primaries.
The resolutions of the Upper Chamber followed a motion titled: “Motion for recommittal” sponsored by the Senate Leader, Senator Yahaya Abdullahi (Kebbi North).
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- LASG Disbands MOT Enforcement Team
- Rural-Urban Migration: Oyo CSDA, ALGON Collaborate on Community Projects Sustenance
- Sat Guru Maharaj jI Denies Allegation Of Cooking With Human Blood
- Oyo Deputy Governor, Bayo Lawal To Act As Governor For 23 Days
- Nigeria Petroleum Subsidy Scandal Is Due To Lack Of Expertise – Prof Oyegoke Lalude
News5 days ago
Adegboyega emerges Osun Chairman Of Allied People’s Movement
News4 days ago
Ede Killings: Osun Lawmaker Debunks Alleged Involvement In The Crisis
Opinion4 days ago
Open Letter To The People Of Osun By Kunle Oyatomi
Crime2 days ago
Just In: Court Remands Osun Popular Thug, Rasidi Oko-Ilu Over Alleged Murder, Arson