No fewer than ten suspected hoodlums have been arrested at the venue of South-West Zonal Congress of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Osogbo, Osun State capital.
The hoodlums mobilised with different rifles to cause trouble at were arrested by the men of Osun State Police Command at the venue of the ongoing PDP southwest congress on Sunday.
A source at the Wocdif center, venue of the Congress in Osogbo told Osun Defender that the leader of the hoodlums apprehended was identified simply as Posi, while his second in command was said to be popularly called 50 litres.
It was gathered that they were arrested alongside eight others with charms and amulets at the venue of the congress with belief that they planned to disrupt the congress.
It would be recalled that the congress which was fixed for Ibadan was rescheduled to Osun State by the National Working Committee of the party.
However the ten of the Hoodlums have been handed over to the police .
A source said : “I cannot really say those behind the hoodlums. ”
He said they were arrested at the convention venue with Pump-action and charms. I will brief you as events unfold,” the source contended .
But speaking on Monday with the state police command, the Image-maker of the police Mrs, Yemisi Opalola confirmed the incidents saying they are already at the state CID for further Investigation.
She remarked that as soon as the investigation concluded they would face appropriate sanctions.
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack