Scores of youths in Edo state, Tuesday, thronged the Benin -Sapele expressway to express their anger over the deplorable condition of the road.
The youths converged on a section of the failed portion of the road by RCC in Benin City at about 7.30am and displayed placards charging president Buhari and the Minister of Works, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, to end the carnage.
The development caused traffic gridlock on the road even as policemen were seen controlling traffic and maintaining law and order.
President of One Love Foundation, Mr. Patrick Eholor, who joined the protest said, “Road construction ought not to be a matter for discussion in 21st entury; especially in a country that prides itself as the giant of Africa.”
The activist vowed to sustain the peaceful protest until the road is fixed, adding that “the road has become a deathtrap for road users and hideouts for armed robbers especially at night.”
According to Eholor, “I am sure that Babatunde Fashola has been travelling either with a chopper or an aeroplane with his family not to know what challenges road users face daily.”
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars