A 32-year-old man, Sunday Ojekale was on Thursday ordered to be remanded in Ilesha Correctional Center for allegedly marrying a second wife and threatening to kill his first wife.
Sunday was dragged before an Osun State Magistrates’ Court, Osogbo on three counts charge bordering of unlawful marriage, threatening to kill and refusing to provide care for his children.
The police prosecutor, Inspector Elisha Olusegun, said, “the defendant on December 28th, 2019 at Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Onitea, Osogbo having being married to one Funmilayo Oluwaseun Ojekale F’, and while she is still alive and without the marriage been dissolved or declared void by a court of competent jurisdiction, unlawfully married another wife- one Christiana Olujide.
“He threatened to kill his wife and failed to provide necessary things for his children without lawful excuse.”
He noted that the offence committed is contrary to sections 86, 339 and 370 of the Criminal Code Cap 34 Vol.ll Laws of Osun State of Nigeria, 2002.
However, the defendant pleaded not guilty to the charged preferred against him by the police.
The defendant’s counsel, Mr R. I Alebiosu, made an oral bail application assuring the court to provide reliable sureties.
Magistrate A. A Adeyeba declined the oral bail application, saying, he should file a formal bail application.
He, therefore, ordered that the defendant be remanded in Ilesha Correctional Facility and adjourned the case till 23rd of March, 2021 for hearing.
- Sallah: OSCOTECH Alumni President, Adenle Felicitates Muslims, Urges Them To Pray For End To Insecurity
- Tunde Badmus Greets Muslims At Eid, Advises FG To Tackle Insecurity For Economic Growth
- Eid-el-Fitri: Badmus Felicitates With Muslims, Sues for Peace, Ethno-Religious Tolerance
- Ganduje Frees 123 Prison Inmates For Eid-El-Fitr
- Table Your Demands To National Assembly, BMO Tells Southern Governors