Gunmen suspected to be bandits have abducted the daughter of an operative of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), identified as Alhaji Faruk in Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi state.
A resident told newsmen that the incident happened in the early hours of Thursday.
He said the gunmen invaded Faruk’s residence, whisked away his daughter after shooting sporadically.
He added that a yet-to-be identified woman was hit by a stray bullet in her leg
“The entire area was thrown into a state of pandemonium because of the sporadic gunshots,” a source told SaharaReporters.
Kebbi, like other North-West states, has in the last few years faced devastating attacks from armed bandits and kidnappers.
- Sallah: OSCOTECH Alumni President, Adenle Felicitates Muslims, Urges Them To Pray For End To Insecurity
- Tunde Badmus Greets Muslims At Eid, Advises FG To Tackle Insecurity For Economic Growth
- Eid-el-Fitri: Badmus Felicitates With Muslims, Sues for Peace, Ethno-Religious Tolerance
- Ganduje Frees 123 Prison Inmates For Eid-El-Fitr
- Table Your Demands To National Assembly, BMO Tells Southern Governors